Friday, April 11, 2014

I need to remember to blog!

I am about as good to remember to blog as I am to write in my own journal! I need to get better at it... My patriarchal blessing said I needed to keep a journal, and I have one I just forget to write in it. I'll go months or years without a single journal entry. Maybe it would help to have sticky note reminders??
Even then, my ADD mind would probably get distracted.
Anyway so today David had Stanford 10 testing for his online high school. The lady that did the testing was very nice, she said it could take all day... it took 2 1/2 hours. He seemed pretty happy when he came out of the testing too... he said it was easy. So let's all keep our fingers, toes & eyes crossed that he did ok. Danny is headed to Palominas, AZ for his baseball game. After what happened to that tour bus full of kids this morning, I am on pins and needles. A tour bus carrying a bunch of kids heading to debut a college was hit by a fed ex truck and 10 people were killed and a bunch were injured. Very sad. And this thing with the school stabbings and shootings. It just makes a parent un-easy. If I had the patience, I would take Danny out of public school & just homeschool him... but homeschooling David, I am barely hanging on by a very tattered and worn thread.
As for me, I have strep throat for the first time since I had my tonsils out 26 years ago... Yes, you read that right... I have not had strep throat since before I had my tonsils out! I just pray that Danny does not get this. David is the one who gave it to me.
The boys have little over a month left of school. I can't wrap my head around the fact that the school year is almost over and in a few weeks Danny will be in 8th grade! I clearly remember dropping him off for his first day of Kindergarten and just crying my eyes out. :)
Next Wednesday, I have to take David back up to Gilbert (AGAIN) to get another oral surgery... He had his wisdom teeth out in December & I guess some bone fragments were left in his mouth, so the oral surgeon is going to take them out for him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment