Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Weekend

So today is the day before Easter. Danny is inviting his best friend that is a girl over to dye eggs & hide them. David is going with my dad to pick up my Grandpa from Casa Grande.... it is just about halfway between my Aunt Donna's house and here.
My Grandpa has lived with my parents for close to 3 years now, but goes every few weeks for two weeks to stay with my Aunt Donna. My uncle Rex lives in Florida, so he doesn't really get a turn and my Uncle Dallas passed away in 2007 from cancer. My Grandpa is 91 years old & still just as spunky as ever. He gave us a scare several weeks ago and ended up in the hospital for a long time, so it has been a while since I have seen him.
My parents work in the Gila Valley Temple on Friday's, so I help out with watching him so they don't have to hire someone to take care of him for them.
Easter weekend causes me to reflect on the life, the Atonement, the death & the resurrection of the Savior. I just don't see how people don't believe that He did that for us, that He loved us that much that He would bare his own life so that we could live again. Sometimes, I reflect on all of the happenings we have right now that are the signs of the times and I worry, but most of the time I think "Gosh! I can't wait! I can't wait to see loved ones and friends who have left this life! I can't wait to be away from this wretched world that we live in".

No comments:

Post a Comment