Tuesday, March 25, 2014

David's 15th Birthday!

So many thoughts, emotions and memories are going through my mind right now, as I reflect on the last 15 years of my life. I had just turned 22 and I became a new mom of a baby boy I named David. He was 6 lbs 14 oz. and 19 inches long. Little did I know how much my life would be turned upside down & sent me on so many roller coasters. I've been a single mom pretty much the whole time I've been a mom to him and his younger brother Daniel. He witnessed a lot of not so good stuff between his father and I.
When David was 7 years old, he was formally diagnosed with high functioning Autism and Aspergers.... back then they were separate, but I think now they are considered the same thing. These past few months have been the hardest... he's a teenager and has been going through a lot of different things and hormones... he was in love with a girl that did not like him like that and he didn't understand.... we've had a lot of emotional and verbal issues with him, including having to call the authorities a few times. I think though now, that those days are pretty much over. He seems to be doing a lot better. He's not 100% back to the way he was before the holidays, but I have to admit things are much better than they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment